Monday, January 23, 2023

Tyson takes 3rd place!!

Our ward had their pinewood derby two weeks ago! Tyson designed, sanded and painted his car all by himself! Matt went over to a friend of ours and cut it out for him after Tyson decided how he wanted it to look and then handed Tyson some sand paper and let him go to town! Ty even painted it all on his own (he even painted a pair of his school pants in the process! Thank goodness it is the end of the year! hehe) Anywho, there were quite a few "fancy" cars but Ty's little plain car ended up taking 3rd place! He was so excited in his quiet way! LOL It was cute to have him come up and say, "Mom, I took first and second in all my races so far and now I am going on to the last one." hehe I was impressed with this ward too because the parent's didn't get all nuts and the kids stayed pretty calm too! There were a lot of fun cars including one that was made to look like cheese and even one with blinking lights! LOL Anywho, Here he is.. the proud little 3rd placer and his car the leaders named "The Red Wedgie"!! LOL Matt had a hard time getting a picture of him actually putting his car on the track because there were ALOT of kids and he had a tendancy to just put it on there and walk away! hehe Silly kid! :)

3 comments:

Danica said...

YAY Tyson! He is so cute! Love the red wedgie!

Carrie said...

Tyson, way to GO!!!!!! That's so awesome! I am glad to hear your ward was not nuts over the whole thing! It's just for fun and sometimes the parents make it to serious. That will be a great memory for him for years to come I am sure. :)

p.s. I am not sure if you watch Good Things Utah on ch. 4 at 10 a.m. but next Tuesday they are having a Fibromyalgia awareness episode. I am not sure if there would be anything on there worth watching for you or not...but I thought of you when I saw that. I wanted to let you know in case you want to tune in. :)

Monica said...

Aw he's so cute :) Love you guys!