This was the first time in a while that we went camping with just our little family. We went up Spanish Fork Canyon to White River. It was PERFECT weather for camping! Just cold enough there were no bugs, which if you know me you know there are two things I hate... bugs and dirt! We always bring LOTS of water so I can indulge my washing freak outs to get rid of the dirt so it doesn't bother me when we camp! LOL Anywho, it rained just a teeny tiny bit but it was just enough to keep most of the dust down when we were riding. So that was perfect too!
There is a little section close to the road that the kids refer to as "the Hills" where, much to my hearts dislike, there was a little jump the kids were catching a little air off of. (I don't think I will EVER like the jumping that is bound to occur with kids on machines!) Tyson was the only one who didn't jump off of it. Thank goodness I have at least ONE who likes to keep things on the safe side! LOL Dillan's machine wasn't working just right so the poor kid ended up riding with Dad alot which he LOVED and I was glad too because it isn't always as fun when you can't drive your own machine. (Matt figured out later that there was a short in one of the wires and it was making the kill switch think it was pushed, if that makes sense.) Britt had a blister on one of her hands so she rode with me part of the time which Cory LOVED because that meant he could ride her four wheeler instead of his bike. (It takes a little less energy and skill to ride... I guess you could say it's a lazier way to ride which suits me just fine! LOL) Cory did say his bike hasn't ever run as good as it did up there though! :)
Our camping spot was the most perfect spot I think we have ever camped in.. just the right amount of tree cover to keep things comfortable when the sun was shining and plenty of places to hang things from the trees! The kids also found a HUGE pine tree that had a clubhouse of sorts under all the branches and had a BLAST playing under it.
We saw a Chipmunk (or as our family calls them Chickmunks) that we thought was choking on a plastic bag from Wal-mart but it turns out he was just trying to shove it into his cheeks! It was the funniest thing I ever saw! Well, funny once we decided he wasn't choking on it. We kept hearing this loud rustling in the bushes and decided to investigate and he was so involved in trying to pack the bag in his cheeks he actually let us get just a few feet away before he finally abandoned the bag and ran for it. Sorry didn't get any pictures of it though.
We always have eventful nights when we are all in the trailer! Cory and I both it seems, talk in our sleep. I only occasionally, Cory however is the NOISIEST sleeper I have ever heard! If he isn't talking, he sounds like he is over there chewing and eating something. LOL So the second night, Cory woke us up at about 2 a.m. when he yelled, "That's creepin' me out Britt!" Then later that night (about 4 a.m.) I was having a dream and I don't remember everything in my dream but I do remember there was a Hippo in a lake and it started chewing and making the same noises Cory does in his sleep so I started laughing in my dream and come to find out it wasn't silent laughter! I woke myself up I was laughing so hard! I even had tears streaming down my face and was shaking the air mattress! (poor Matthew!) So I apoligized to everyone, (who soon joined me in the laughing) and had to leave the trailer so I could get control of myself. It took me a good 20 minutes at least! LOL Anywho, YAAAY for an AWESOME camping trip! I didn't take a ton of pictures... I was having too much fun riding and playing... but here are the few I did take! Enjoy!
OH and BTW.. I now know why I haven't been able to upload pics... well at least I "think" I know.. LOL I have been trying to load files WAY over the 8MB limit.. can anyone tell me if they mean per picture or just all together?
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Looks so fun, I can't believe your family is getting so big! I'm glad that you guys do such fun stuff with your kids, it make me excited for when my kids will be older!
Looks like you had a TON of fun!!! Too stinkin' funny about the talking and laughing in your sleep! I had to laugh out loud just reading it.
We're a lot alike! I talk in my sleep, and I hate bugs and dirt! haha I don't see how you like four wheeling if you don't like dirt though... :)
Thanks everybody!! I agree we have alot of fun! :)
Monica- the secret is LOTS of water and lotion! :) It makes things at least bearable! hehe
Post a Comment