Thursday, March 5, 2009

Draper Temple

I just have to rave about my kids! hehe We went to the Draper Temple open house last week and I was SOOOOO impressed with our kids!! They are soo awesome! We had a group of about 8 adults behind us in line and they were spitting straws at each other and making jokes and laughing really loud, it was ridiculous! (I am evil and I hope one day they go and try to take their children to something like that and have immature bratts setting a bad example behind them!) Anywho, our kids, Dillan 6, Tyson 8, Britt 12, and Cory 14, were so reverent, we had people commenting the ENTIRE time about how reverent they were and especially Dillan and Tyson! Everyone just kept looking at them and smiling really big because they are so well behaved! In fact, one lady said she thought they would make fabulous missionaries someday!! Anywho, I am so proud! When I asked Dillan which room was his favorite he said, "The room with the diamond lights!" (He meant the Celestial room.) We talked about how lucky he and Tyson are to be able to see the inside of a temple at their age and how they most likely wouldn't have another opportunity until they go on a missions or get sealed (well except for baptisms for the dead). I just hope that they remember everything they saw and (once we got away from the obnoxious group behind us) the peaceful feelings they had! They all got a little pamphlet and have read them cover to cover and talked about all the different rooms and how pretty they all were! Woot for good kids! :)
Cory and Brittany have the opportunity to go do baptisms for the dead on the 21st and they are VERY excited!! (Especially Brittany, her dad wanted to go four-wheeling that weekend and she wanted to go to the temple instead, even though she has been DYING to ride her new four wheeler! hehe) I am forever amazed at the things my kids do and say! I love them all VERY much!! :)

4 comments:

Shellie said...

That's awesome! I wouldn't dare to take mine to the temple-my kids are never well behaved!

Carrie said...

hey camie! thanks for letting me in on your blog :) i did not know you had a son named dillon...maybe i did, but forgot! my son is dillon too! (dylan) love the name :) sounds like you guys had an amazing temple experience despite those people! see, that just goes to show ya how awsome of a mom you are- your kids are great depite some bad examples :) such a beautiful temple. i am so excited that i can see three temples from my house. the draper one straight ahead of me and the jordan river and oquirrh mountian to the north. anyways, great to see a little of what you guys have been up to, talk to ya later :)

Allen n Teresa said...

Your kids have always been well mannered. I could probably count on both hands throught the years how many times I have seen ANY of them act up. You are doing a phenomenal job at raising them!!!

Carrie said...

duh, i remember now talking to you at lorens reception about how your son was named dillan. mommy brain :)

p.s. although i have not seen your kids too much, i will second what teresa says. they have always seemed very well mannered to me! i remember thinking that about them previously! you are a phenMOMinal mom! :)